UWA West Coast Challenge 2020
Last opportunity to get qualifying times for the 2020 WA State Open & Age LC Championships
EVENT & ENTRY INFORMATION:
- No Qualifying Times required;
- Maximum 6 events per swimmer;
- There will be two sessions:
Session 1 (am) for Junior Swimming WA registered members aged 9-12yrs, as well as events for ‘Splash & Dash’ participants aged 12yrs & Under; &
Session 2 (pm) for Open & Age athletes (13yrs & Over).
50m Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly have been added to the program for 13yrs & Over.
- Event 32 (Mixed 1500m Free) is open to swimmers 12yrs & Over;
- All events will be conducted as timed finals;
- All swimmers must be Swimming WA registered by close of entries.
ELIGIBLE AGE GROUPS:
- UWA-West Coast Challenge is for 9yrs to Open, as specified on the Event List for Swimming WA registered ‘competitive’ members;
- Splash & Dash participants 12yrs & Under who are not currently a registered ‘competitive’ member of a Swimming WA club; &
- Age as of the first day of the meet.
MEDALS SUMMARY & RECOGNITION:
Medals are to be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed male and female swimmers in the following Junior ‘competitive’ age-group categories (for 9-12yr-olds only):
- 50m events (Free, Back, Breast & Fly): 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs & 12yrs (only);
- 100m events (Free, Back, Breast & Fly): 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs & 12yrs;
- 200m events: 9yrs (Free Only), 10yrs, 11yrs & 12yrs.
Medals have not been allocated to swimmers 13yrs/o competing in Session 2 (incl. 12yr-olds in the 1500m Free).
Exciting Event Sponsorship opportunities available!