UWA West Coast Challenge 2021
Last opportunity to get qualifying times for the 2021 WA State Open & Age LC Championships
EVENT & ENTRY INFORMATION:
EVENT LIST 2021 UWSC LC Challenge
Session 1 ‘am’ for Junior Swimming WA registered Girl members aged 8-12yrs and Boys 9-13yrs as per the published event list, as well as events for ‘Splash & Dash’ participants aged 12yrs & Under; &
Session 2 ‘pm’ for Open & Age athletes (Girls 13yrs & Over / Boys 14yrs & Over).
• Event 32 (Mixed gender 1500m Free) is open to swimmers 12yrs & Over;
• All events will be conducted as timed finals;
• All swimmers must be Swimming WA registered by close of entries.
ELIGIBLE AGE GROUPS:
• UWA-West Coast Challenge is for 8yrs to Open, as specified on the Event List for Swimming WA registered ‘competitive’ members;
• Splash & Dash participants 12yrs & Under who are not currently a registered ‘competitive’ member of a Swimming WA club; &
• Age as of the first day of the meet.
MEDALS SUMMARY & RECOGNITION:
Medals are to be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed male and female swimmers in the following Junior ‘competitive’ age-group categories only – Girls 9-12yrs & Boys 9-13yrs (no medals for afternoon Open & Age session):
• 50m events (Free, Back, Breast & Fly): 8-9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs (& Boys 13yrs only);
• 100m events (Free, Back, Breast & Fly): 9yrs, 10yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs (& Boys 13yrs only);
• 200m events: 9yrs (Free Only), 10yrs, 11yrs, 12yrs (& Boys 13yrs only).
Medals have not been allocated to swimmers Girls 13yrs/O & Boys 14yrs/O competing in Session 2 (this includes all participants in the 1500m Free).