- Club competitive member – attending UWSC Club Nights and Targeted swim meets regularly
- Swimmer goal setting important
- Rank top 8 in State in any stroke/ distance
- Other swimmers at coaches discretion
- Swimmers are competent and competing in all four competitive strokes
- Swimmers are expected to perform specific training drills to enhance technical skill and must be physically and mentally capable of swimming 3.5km–4.5km within a 90-120 minute training session
The Program focuses on:
- Race-specific training preparing swimmers for competition.
- Specific sets are planned to continuously improve speed and endurance, with continued focus on stroke technique and skill development.
- Quarterly’ squad placement reviews to be conducted after benchmark meets (typically April, June, September, December)
- The Club will be adopting a transparent squad movement/transition process, which includes squad movement by invitation and/or application.
SEPTEMBER/ OCTOBER 2023 SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
UWSC will be running a school holiday program over September/ October school holidays. The program will be held at HBF stadium indoor pool each afternoon (except public holiday) and will focus on racing specific skills. NOTE: No AM sessions for Juniors in School Holidays (except Saturday AM Junior Gold). NOTE: Junior Gold are already registered for usual 3 x sessions. Parents have been advised of this – Registrations now open (for Junior Gold additional sessions and Skills session) – https://thinksmartsoftware-au.com/customer_portal_v2/
Week 1 – Tuesday 26 to Friday 29 September
Week 2 – Monday 2 to Friday 6 October
Junior White and Green – 16.00 to 17.00
Junior Blue – 17.00 to 18.30
Junior Gold – 17.00 to 18.30
Plus extra dry land sessions for Junior Gold and Blue with Coach Chloe Innes on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the school holidays (16.30 to 17.00 – before swim)
Where: HBF Stadium indoor 8 lane pool
Junior Skills session – with UWSC Head Coach Rob Palfery and UWSC Performance Squad Swimmers
When: Friday 6 October
Where: HBF Stadium indoor pool
Junior Gold and Junior Blue – 08.00 to 09.30
Junior Green and Junior White – 09.30 to 10.30
This is a great opportunity for UWSC Juniors to hear and learn from our Head Coach Rob Palfery who coaches UWSC Performing National and Developing National Green squad. Coach Rob will work with his National Squads to deliver this exceptional skills training session for our UWSC Juniors.
Register for School Holidays via UWSC Customer Portal – Registrations now open. https://thinksmartsoftware-au.com/customer_portal_v2/