Between the 9th and 19th of April, 29 UWA West Coast Swimmers made their way over to Adelaide for the National Para and Age Championships.
COVID-19 issues over the past couple of years meant that for the vast majority of swimmers, this was the first time they had swum outside of WA, let alone at a national championship.
The team, in spite of being unable to stay in a team environment, made the most of their time in Adelaide and swam their hearts out under the expert and caring guidance of Rob, Brett and Chelsea. Highlights include:
• UWA West Coast finishing 18th Club in Australia overall (highest ranking WA Club)
• SYLVIA CZJAKO winning 2 individual gold medals
• SAM COVENEY winning an individual bronze medal
• SAM COVENEY, TELANI WOODHAM, ALICE MASSEY, RYAN HEWLETT, SYLVIA CZJAKO and CHARLIE HODGE representing WA in some of the State Relays teams and getting some medals in the process!
• Many of the younger team members taking big chunks off their PBs and even 100% PB rates
Well done everybody – what an amazing experience!