Thank you to all our UWSC swimmers, parents and coaches for another wonderful season of swimming training and racing. Saturday 25 September is the last day of winter season for junior development squads and our new Youth Squad and Saturday 9 October is the last day of winter season for all our performance squads.
What an amazing season:
• Competing at Tokyo Olympics with WAIS Coach Mick Palfery – UWA West Coast Athletes – Brianna Throssell, Tasmin Cook and Zac Incerti
• Competing at Olympic trials with UWSC PN and DN Green Coach Rob Palfery – UWA West Coast Athletes – Tegan Reder, Caitlin Ribbons and Adriano Todoro
Brett Tongue – joined the UWSC coaching team in January 2021. About Brett Tongue:
• Previously Senior Head Coach/ Director of Swimming at Guildford Kalamunda Districts Swimming Club.
• Has participated in swimming as a competitive swimmer for Kalamunda.
• Formed the Kalamunda Districts Swimming Club from learn to swim through to elite swimming.
• Brett has been producing national level swimmers since 1996.
• The overall strength of his coaching program has been producing talent from junior to senior level. This includes developing his own coaching talent.
With our squad program moving from UWA Sport back to UWA West Coast Swimming Club, we’ve set some new goals for our Junior Program:
• To have the number one Junior Program in WA.
• To enjoy and have a love of swimming for life.
• To have a pathway model that will develop our Junior swimmers to have all the skills and knowledge of swimming so they have the tools to progress to our higher pathways.
• To have superior stroke mechanics and knowledge.
• Be able to swim any distances or strokes.
Introducing UWSC NEW Youth Squad:
• Youth Squad – for girls aged 13 years and over and boys 14 years and over who would like to continue as competitive swimmers and members but no longer meet the age criteria of a Junior swimmer.
• Junior Gold – for girls aged 12 years and under and boys aged 13 years and under who would like to be competitive members and meet the age criteria for Juniors.
• Youth Squad allows UWA West Coast Swimming Club to align our squad program with Swimming Australia’s Open, Age and Junior age criteria for events.
UWSC Performance Pathway option via UWSC Youth Squad:
• Junior White to Junior Green
• Junior Green to Junior Blue
• Junior Blue to Junior Gold or Youth Squad
• Junior Gold or Youth Squad to DN Blue Performance Squad
For more information see: https://www.uwawestcoast.org/senior-squads/youth-squad/