Athletes need to be selected into the Developing National Green Squad.
Swimmers should have a clear understanding of what their goals are and will spend more time training for specific events and dry land strength training.
A high level of commitment is expected along with a mature and responsible attitude towards training.
DN Green Squad Members are required to be ‘Competitive’ SWA/UWSC members.
Squad sizes to be maintained between 24-28 full-time swimmers (excluding transitional opportunities).
- National Pool Qualifying Time (Open or Age) Championships
- Previous National Pool Qualifying Times (Open or Age)
- National Open Water Qualifying Time
- Minimum Commitment 7-8 sessions per week or training plan as agreed with the coach and an ongoing high-level commitment to swimming
- Coaches Discretion; ‘ability to progress’ in the current season, based on attitude to coaches feedback, ability to achieve cycle requirements, ability to adapt and make changes, personal development, physical development and ongoing coachability.