UWA-West Coast is now offering open squad training at the UWA Aquatic Centre and HBF Stadium from 20 July through to 26 September, including the school holidays.
What is the Open Squad
The Open Squad is designed to provide a ‘competitive’ squad training environment, while retaining a more relaxed approach to competitive swimming.
The Open Squad, would be suited to:
- Competitive, swimming related sports including Triathlon, Surf Club, Water Polo.
- Open Water Events and teams, including Rottnest Chanel, Port to Pub.
- Former competitive swimmers, looking to maintain fitness
- Swimmers looking for a pathway back to competition
- Strong school and social swimmers
The 90 minute session, would aim to cover up to, 4km, with a swim cycle guide of 1.20-1.45. Suited for swimmers 14+.